LIBRARY POLICIES - CIRCULATION
- Materials taken out from the library must be properly checked out.
- Users have to produce their students/staff card to borrow items.
- Book number of loans for each registered member is determined by his/her membership category. Refer to table 1.
- Borrowers are responsible for all materials borrowed under their names.
- Lost/damaged materials should be reported immediately to the librarian.
|Member Category||Book Number||Loan period||TOTAL BOOKS|
|Open Shelf||Red Spot||Open Shelf||Red Spot|
|Full Time Lecturer||4||2||4 month||1 week||6|
|Part Time Lecturer||2||1||3 month||1 week||3|
|Non Academic Staff||2||1||1 month||1 week||3|
Table 1: Borrowing Privileges
- Renewal can be done twice only through online library portal or at the library counter.
- Renewals for overdue books are not allowed.
- Users are allowed to renew one (1) day before the due date or on the due date, borrowed item is not requested by other users, user not exceeded the maximum renewal limit and user record is not blocked for any reason.
- Borrowed materials must be returned on or before the due date.
- For lost material, the fine will be imposed, calculated from the date the material should have been returned until the date it was reported lost.
- Users who have outstanding fines will have their borrowing privileges suspended until the fines are settled.
- The overdue notice will be sent to the users.
The fines for all categories of books are assessed at the rates below in Table 2:
|1 – 7 days||More than 7 days|
|RM 1.00 per day||RM 1.50 per day|
Table 2: Overdue charges
Book lost / damaged books
- Items not returned within 2 months from the due date are presumed lost and the user will be need to replace the book or billed for the cost of replacing the items.
- If the item is damaged, all cost involved on repairing or replacing the item will be charge by the user.
|Book Replacement||Cost Replacement|
|Replacement will have to be made within 4 weeks from the date it was reported lost.||Cost replacement will have to be made within 4 weeks from the date it was reported lost.|
|Replacement of soft cover for hardcover copy is not accepted.||Pay current price of the books plus RM30 processing fee.|
|Must be the latest edition including RM30 processing fee.||Payments for replacement of lost/damaged materials are not returnable after a month from the date the payment is made.|
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)